To recognize and express appreciation to key external stakeholders who provide exemplary strategic assistance, substantive financial or programmatic support, legislative or policy advocacy, or other unique efforts which directly impact the success of CEASD on behalf of the member schools and programs, students and their families, the Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf has established this annual award.
To Whom Awarded: An individual, group, agency, foundation, corporation, government entity, or non-profit organization may be nominated for this award.
Criteria Necessary for Nomination: Award recipients will have provided outstanding assistance and support to the mission of CEASD through one or more of the following actions:
- Promoting a continuum of equitable educational opportunities for all children and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Advocating on behalf of individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Advocating for CEASD schools, programs, program service centers and governmental units offering educational and related programs and services.
- Promoting public policy at the national level that ensures that successful educational outcomes for deaf and hard of hearing students
- Promoting professional growth and development of administrative leadership for members, schools and programs.
- Providing significant financial support for the purpose of advancing the mission and goals of CEASD.
- Other efforts not specifically delineated above, but which meet the spirit and intent of this award to further the mission of CEASD related to promoting educational leadership and educational options that help to meet the academic needs of all deaf and hard of hearing children.