Each year CEASD, with other organizations, hosts an Education and Advocacy Summit. The Education and Advocacy Summit consists of three components:
- Day 1, morning – Gallaudet University Tour and Luncheon for professionals, parents, and high school students (sponsored by Gallaudet University Undergraduate Office of Admissions and Outreach).
- Day 1, afternoon – Educational Summit:
- Education Professional Summit– Workshops for deaf education professionals and parents in the areas of policy, best practices, and innovation.
- Education Advocacy for Youth Summit– Workshops for high school students in advocacy and leadership.
- Day 2, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Advocacy Day Summit- Legislative briefing on advocacy issues (for professionals, parents, deaf school alumni, and high school students), then pre-arranged meetings with Congressional representatives.