The Art teacher position requires
• an Iowa teaching license with the K-8 Art Endorsement and 5-12 Art Endorsement;
candidate would also be expected to get the Birth-21 Deaf/Hard of Hearing endorsement OR • any Iowa teaching license and the conditional K-8 Art Endorsement and conditional 5-12 Art Endorsement; candidate would also be expected to get the Birth-21 Deaf/Hard of Hearing endorsement. In order to qualify for a conditional endorsement, you must have at least half of the requirements for the endorsement completed.
• Assumes responsibility for providing a quality educational program.
• Formulates appropriate educational objectives, activities, and evaluations.
• Reports student growth and programs to parents periodically.
• Maintains discipline within the classroom.
• Facilitates implementation of the School’s Communication Policy.
Qualifications: To be considered, an applicant must possess or have the ability to obtain an Iowa Teacher’s Certificate, which includes the endorsements noted above. Additional endorsements are beneficial.
Experience working with the Deaf and experience working with youth are strongly preferred. Applicants must possess the ability to reach the level of sign language proficiency designated for the position within the time frame established by the school’s Sign Language Policy.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be determined by the successful applicant’s educational and teaching experience. (BA degree – $48,000-$67,000; MA degree – $56,000-$87,000) Opportunities to coach/sponsor extra-curricular activities. Comprehensive benefits available.
Work Schedule: These are full-time, school year positions (191 day contract for first year;
subsequent years are 189 day contracts).