St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf in Brooklyn seeks a NYS certified Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to join the educational team in support of the education of students who are DeafBlind and/or have Deaf with low vision with their IEP goals and classroom participation.
• Work with a caseload of students on an individual basis through the models of Push-In, Pull-Out and community settings, in accordance with IEP mandates.
• Conduct evaluations to determine eligibility for admission to the school as well as conduct annual assessments related to students who are Deafblind or Deaf with low vision.
• Design and implements interventions that reflect knowledge of child development and specialized techniques appropriate for students who are DeafBlind.
• Prepare classroom modifications for assigned students.
• Act as the lead accessibility advocate for students who are DeafBlind.
• Utilize available resources to best meet the needs of the students.
• New York State Education Department TVI Certification, required
• Severe and Multiple Disabilities experience, preferred
• Minimum of Intermediate rating on SLPI
• DeafBlind Endorsement is a plus