Provide consultations to public schools with children who are deaf are hard of hearing.
PUBLIC SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS addresses the specific needs of students with hearing aids and cochlear implants in mainstream public school educational settings, while providing a support system for monitoring deaf and hard of hearing students’ academic and developmental progress.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Partnership consultants work independently in school districts, within a school-based team environment, with general /special educators and administrators, as well as the student and family under the supervision and mentorship of the program director.
Provide appropriate recommendations based on classroom and student observations, which are within your scope of practice.
Provide in-services to help school-based professionals understand the implication of hearing loss on accessing the curriculum.
Provide curriculum support and modification expertise.
Billing time (visits to the school district) must be accurate. Falsified billing reports are grounds for immediate termination.
Communication among The Partnership consultants, program director and school districts must be consistent and accurate. The program director must be copied on significant e-mails to school districts. The program director must also know when consultants are going to various districts once schedules are established.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• A Master’s Degree, 6 or more years of experience in a deaf education setting and MA Teacher Certification in Deaf Education, Special Education or Teacher of Speech and Hearing Impaired
• Other Certifications may be considered, given the applicant’s background and experience
• ASL fluency preferred, willingness to learn required
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• Ability to keep company and client information confidential
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
This position is open until filled.