Position Summary: Under the supervision of the High School Supervisor, provides mathematic instruction and assessment for students enrolled at Lexington School for the Deaf.
• New York State Certification-Deaf Education
• Certification in Mathematics (desired)
• Knowledge of general math, integrated geometry and integrated Algebra.
• Knowledge of mathematics Common Core Standards and New York State standards for high school level.
• Experience working with deaf adolescents preferred
• American Sign Language (ASL) proficiency
• Compassionate and Passionate; Results-driven and Goal oriented
• Excellent classroom management skills and provide positive behavior intervention with support
• Effective interpersonal communication skills with colleagues, parents, and students
• Ability to incorporate reading and writing strategies in classroom instruction
• Ability to incorporate hands-on and co-operative learning activities
• Ability to use technology: Google Drive, PowerSchool and Schoology
• Responsible for the students’ IEPs and follow through every quarter
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters Preferred)
• New York State Teaching Certification
• Teach the high school math curriculum
• Write/ develop IEPs, reports and implement curriculum
• Required clearances include medical clearance, fingerprinted by the NYC Board of Ed and SCR and SEL clearance.