Essential Duties and Minimum Responsibilities:
• Foster and maintain strong working relationships and high expectations across all three campuses;
• Demonstrate a passion for and commitment to providing excellent learning opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing students;
• Foster and maintain effective communication and relationships with students, staff, parents, community members, and state and national organizations;
• Execute strategies to improve student achievement for all students;
• Identify critical needs and effectively lead change to improve outcomes;
• Analyze performance data to identify trends and insights leading to actionable strategies and/or tactics;
• Raise community and district awareness of services provided across the three campuses to provide services as early as possible;
• Regularly visit schools and classrooms to gauge progress and provide actionable feedback;
• Hold regular, effective leadership meetings;
• Provide regular feedback to direct reports and monitor progress toward goals.
The position will be based in Knoxville, Tennessee, but will require regular travel to Jackson (West Tennessee School for the Deaf) and Nashville (Tennessee School for the Deaf Nashville).
- Master’s degree in education, educational administration, curriculum/instruction or a related area from an accredited college or university is required with a strong emphasis on data-informed instruction that raises student achievement as measured by standardized test scores;
- Five years of successful teaching experience with students on Individualized Education Programs (IEP); deaf experience preferred;
- Three years of demonstrated successful administrative/supervisory experience in a school setting required; deaf and/or residential schools preferred;
- Experience at the district level leading in roles like an instructional supervisor or instructional coach preferred.