Education and Advocacy Summit – You are Invited!
February 25-26, 2020
The Education and Advocacy Summit consists of three components:
- February 25, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Gallaudet University Tour and Luncheon for professionals, parents, and high school students (sponsored by Gallaudet University Undergraduate Office of Admissions and Outreach).
- February 25, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., Educational Summit:
- Education Professional Summit– Workshops for deaf education professionals and parents in the areas of policy, best practices, and innovation (sponsored by Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center).
- Education Advocacy for Youth Summit– Workshops for high school students in advocacy and leadership (sponsored by Gallaudet University Deaf Studies Department and National Association of the Deaf).
- February 26, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Advocacy Day Summit- Legislative briefing on advocacy issues (for professionals, parents, deaf school alumni, and high school students), then pre-arranged meetings with Congressional representatives (sponsored by Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf).
You may attend one, two, or all three events. Sign up now.
After completing the form you will be contacted by the leader of each event you signed up for.
Take a look at this video from last year!
Event registration deadline extended to January 24, 2020.